There is a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), Faculty of Psychology, within Learning Analytics. The fixed-term position is for a period of 3 years. Closing date for applications is May 12th.
About the project/work tasks:
The person appointed will - in close cooperation with their line manager - carry out learning analytics research within SLATE themes including 21st Century Skills, Learning, and Educational Technology. The research will be located at all levels of education including primary, secondary, and tertiary education as well as work life and informal learning contexts across the lifespan, have a heavy psychological anchoring, and be carried out in collaboration with the centre's researchers and partners in Norway and abroad. The workplace is in Bergen, Norway.
The successful candidate will:
- work to help SLATE meet its broad national mandate through collaboration on projects and initiatives
- participate in cutting edge research in an international context and contribute to the Centre’s visibility and publish this research on an international level
- participate in developing SLATE´s teaching portfolio, including a new Master in Learning Sciences and PhD courses related to 21st Century Skills such as collaboration and problem solving
- carry out daily supervision of PhD candidates, Master, and potentially Bachelor students in cooperation with the line manager
- take part in the development and implementation of continuing and further education, censorship/exam work, and other professional administrative tasks at the Centre
- contributes to the Centre´s dissemination, information work, and community contact.
- lead and be a mentor for junior researchers
- contribute to strategy work within the Centre’s mission and apply as PI or co-PI for competitive external funding
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Excellent PhD in Learning Analytics, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Education, or a related field
- Good knowledge of or at least interest in learning analytics and/or psychology and quantitative methods
- Demonstrated research track record with peer-reviewed publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- Ability to work independently, strong personal commitment, teamwork & cooperation skills, administrative skills, creativity, determination
- Proficiency in written and oral English is required
- Last but not least enthusiasm about, high commitment for, and enjoyment in research
You can read more about the position and apply at: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/224663/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-learning-analytics