April 27, 2022
The next special issue of the Education Sciences journal welcomes contributions that address supporting students learning and engagement usingLearning Analytics.
The announcement of the special issue is through Scaling Up EducationalInnovation in Schools (SEIS) project.
Supporting students learning and engagement is an essential matter in Learning Analytics, also already widely addressed by the community. However, there is still a need for more comprehensive discussions on how Learning Analytics could empower the research on students’ learning and engagement and how to make clear connections between pedagogical, psychological and technological aspects of this complex line of research.
The Special Issue of Education Sciences journal intends to bring perspectives and approaches pertaining to supporting students learning and engagement using Learning Analytics to highlight both conceptual and empirical research. The Special Issue also intends to highlight and bring practices that feature the importance of supporting engagement and learning as well as valuing the broader research agenda of Learning Analytics.
Guest editors invite papers focused on a range of topics. Research areas may include (but are not limited) to the following:
· Impact studies of Learning Analytics to students’ learning or engagement
· Leveraging Learning Analytics to support students in virtual, physical, or hybrid learning settings
· User experience studies of tools that support student learning or their engagement
· Applications and practices of understanding student behaviour that can be further used to create interventions and provide feedback
· Methodological and technological insights to use Learning Analytics to measure student engagement
· Validating and evaluating Learning Analytics models and frameworks that are designed to support learners and their engagement
· Highlighting the role of teachers to engage students in online and hybrid modes of learning
· Implementations and practical studies that scale-up analytics to support students and their engagement in the context of both higher education and schools
· Methods that contribute to supporting student learning and enhancing their engagement. These methods may refer to multimodal data and different logfiles data
· Leveraging data streams and analytics to create personalised feedback.
Special Issue Editors:
Centre for the Science of Learning & Technology (SLATE), University of Bergen
Prof.Dr. Kairit Tammets
Centre for Educational Technology, School of Digital Technologies, Tallinn University
Dr. Terje Väljataga
School of Educational Sciences, Tallinn University,
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 December 2022. Read more here.